I already know that you might have struggled a lot here and there to find out how to create high converting email list. So I will not be wasting much of your time talk about nonsense stuff on what is a good email list and how high converting list can help you. Common you know that !!
Coming to the point straight away. Let us break it down to what ingredients constitute a high converting email list.
- The email list contains your target audience.
- The offer sent in the email is of relevance to your audience.
Ensure that your email list have only target audience. And for this you need to be very clear from the starting. When you create a opt-in landing page, make sure it conveys your message clearly so that people not belonging to your target audience do not subscribe to it. Also make sure that when you market it through whatever medium, it should be done well. I hope that your basic concepts are fine now before we move ahead of what’ s to be done.
Now I would talk about step by step process to create a high converting landing page
Step 1 : Creating a decent opt-in Landing page is the first priority. You take this thing lightly and your over all campaign may go wrong. My personal choice is Leadpages, especially when it comes to selecting ready made templates. They have highly researched landing page templates with maximum conversion rate.
Tip : I have tried Getresponse, Unbounce, LeadSquared, and many others. Unbounce is really really good but is a costly affair, if you a not a established marketing agency. Leadpages seems good to my usage. Rest all others do not fit to rely on them for my campaigns.
Step 2 : Signup for a email marketing service that helps you build your list and then automate the mails to be sent. I prefer you to signup for Mailchimp. It is free upto 2000 subscribers. If you are beginner you can definitely go with Mailchimp. In case you are not a beginner and a experienced marketer and you are looking to get a reliable and cost effective email marketing service then you can go with Amazon SES. It costs really cheap ( $0.10 per thousand emails you send ). I use Amazon SES with sendy.co to make my email marketing campaigns to work like charm.
Step 3 : Now when you have a good landing page and a good email service provider, it comes to audience targeting. Let me break it down for you. Try running your marketing campaigns in part.
- Run PPC campaigns with Google and Bing (As per your budget allows)
- Whatever traffic you are sending to your landing page, record it through Facebook pixel and form a Facebook audience for this traffic.
- Now run a remarketing campaign on Facebook for the audience which you just created in the above step. Note that you already have this information with you that the person has already visited the Thank You page which means he is your target audience. Now when you advertise on Facebook, you need not to start with step 1, just move on to the next milestone of your marketing process. You can directly target him for the offers where his interest is inclined and you are aware of his interests.
Step 4 :. Analyse properly. If you are not sure what campaign would work and what would not, you must analyse the campaigns for the targeted keywords by your competitors. I personally use https://www.ispionage.com/. This is free for first 5 competitor’s data, which I think is enough to analyse what do top players in the market compete for. Through this you can easily analyse their targeted keywords, their landing pages, their ad copies, budget and much more.
Step 5 : After proper analysing, now you are ready to launch your campaign. A/B testing should never stop for your campaigns. Keep trying and keep scaling the good campaigns, and kill the one that’s not working.
Let me summarise about what 5 tools I have mentioned here that I use to create high converting Email list.
- Leadpages.net – Comes with nominal subscription cost but is worth the money.
- Mailchimp.com – Comes free for first 2000 subscribers
- Amazon SES with Sendy.co Comes free for first 50,000 emails.
- Facebook Custom Website Audience through Facebook Pixel
- ispionage.com – Comes free for first five competitor analysis.
I hope this report will be useful to you for your next successful campaigns. However, I am always ready to help in case you stuck somewhere. Feel free to send me an email at Ankit@editsoftdigital.in for any problem you may face.